Yield: about 20 crostini
- 1 French baguette, sliced into ½ in. thick pieces
- 1 jar of apple butter or fig jam
- 8 oz. Brie
- 2 large apples, cored and thinly sliced (we like tart apples to balance the sweetness; try this with EverCrisp®, Honeycrisp, and/or Pink Lady)
- ½ cup candied pecans, roughly chopped
- Honey to taste
- Optional: caramelized red onions or shallots; fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Line a large baking sheet with baguette slices. Spread a layer of apple butter or fig jam on each slice. Top with thin slices of Brie.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, until Brie is bubbly and melted.
- While still hot, top crostini with apple slices, candied pecans, optional caramelized onions, and a drizzle of honey. Garnish with fresh thyme and serve immediately!