Best For: Breakfast
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 2 Fuji apples, chopped
- 1 loaf sourdough bread, cut into 2-inch chunks
- ½ Tbsp + 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ Tbsp. apple pie spice
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- Cooking spray
- In a large bowl, toss apples with ½ Tbsp ground cinnamon and the apple pie spice. Add bread chunks and combine.
- In another large bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour egg mixture over apples and bread. Mix until all pieces are evenly combined.
- Cover mixture and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350º F.
- Lightly coat a 9 in. x 13 in. baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour refrigerated mixture into baking dish in an even layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes until top is browned.
- Slice and serve with warm maple syrup.