In partnership with Alex Aldeborgh (@daisybeet).
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
Yield: 16 bars
- 2 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 SnapDragon® apple, diced
- ⅓ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line an 8 in. x 8 in. baking dish with parchment paper.
- Whisk together oats flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar using an electric mixer. Beat in applesauce, then egg and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet and combine using a spatula. Gently fold in apples and raisins.
- Pour batter in an even layer in baking dish and spread with a spatula.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes before slicing into 16 bars.