- 2 large SnapDragon® apples, cored and diced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 store-bought frozen pie crusts, thawed to room temperature
- 1 large egg, beaten (for egg wash)
- 2 Tbsp milk of choice
1½ cups powdered sugar
- Edible candy eyeballs
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Melt butter in a medium sized saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add SnapDragon apples to sauce pan, then lemon juice, vanilla extract, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Mix and cook, stirring occasionally, until apples are softened (about 10 minutes).
- While apples cook, roll out thawed pie crusts to ¼ in. thickness. Using a rectangular cookie cutter or a sharp knife, cut 4-6 rectangles out of each sheet of pie crust.
- Place first 4-6 rectangles on a parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving 1 in. to 2 in. of space between each rectangle.
- Spoon apple mixture onto center of pie crust rectangle, leaving about ⅛ in. border around.
- Brush egg wash around the edge and top with second pie crust rectangle. Press around the edges with a fork to seal. Brush tops with remaining egg wash.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
- While pop tarts are baking, whisk powdered sugar and milk together to make icing.
- After removing pop tarts from the oven, allow to cool for about 15-20 minutes. Then, drizzle icing in a zig-zag pattern to create the mummy effect.
- Top with candy eyes and enjoy!