Apple Pie Date “Granola” Bars
Best For: Dessert, Snacking
Prep Time: 10 minutes + 40 minutes chill time
Bake Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 8 bars
- 1½ cups Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 Fuji or Gala apple, cored, peeled, and finely chopped
- ½ Tbsp + ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup desiccated coconut flakes
- ½ Tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup coconut butter
- 3 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Soak dates in warm water for 10 minutes.
- While the dates soak, preheat air fryer to 370º F for 4 minutes.
- Add apples to a small bowl and toss with ½ tsp ground cinnamon.
- Line air fryer with tin foil, leaving some holes exposed. Add apples to tin foil and cook for 10 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Add nuts to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add desiccated coconut and dates to the food processor and blend for about 15 seconds, then add water, vanilla extract, remaining ground cinnamon, salt, and ¾ of the cooked apples. Blend until a dough forms.
- Line an 8 in. x 8 in. baking pan with parchment paper and add the date dough, spreading evenly in a ¾ in. to 1 in. thick layer.
- Freeze bars for 5-10 minutes.
- Make the glaze: in a food processor or using a hand mixer, combine glaze ingredients until smooth and icing-like in consistency.
- Remove bars from the freezer and top with glaze, then sprinkle remaining apples on top.
- Return to freezer for 30 minutes, then cut into equal sized squares.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.