In partnership with Desirée Daniels (@icanyoucanvegan).
Fuji apples stand out in these muffins and add juicy, apple pie flavor in every bite!
Best For: BreakfastPrep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 23 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk + 2 tsp apple cider vinegar (mix to create vegan “buttermilk”)
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup melted vegan butter
- 1 Fuji apple, diced
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. Whisk in wet ingredients. The batter may still be lumpy, which is OK!
- Fold in diced apples.
- Evenly disperse batter into a lined muffin tin.
- Bake for 23 minutes or until brown and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool before serving.