Apple Pie Smoothie
Smoothies are such an easy way to get in loads of nutrients. This one has all the classic flavor of decadent apple pie, but in smoothie form (and, best of all, no baking required!). It is slightly sweet from the apple and Medjool dates and gets dessert-worthy flavor notes from the vanilla, cinnamon, and ginger.Best For: Sipping
Total Time: 5-10 minutes
- 1 SnapDragon® apple, chopped
- 5 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 Tbsp slivered almonds, unsalted and blanched
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon or apple pie spice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen riced cauliflower
- ¼ cup gluten-free oats
- 1 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 2 cups crushed ice
- Optional: 1 in. ginger root, skin removed, and 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- Add ingredients to a high-speed blender and puree until smooth and creamy. You may need to use the blender’s tamper to help the mixture along.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed. You may add more ice for a thicker smoothie or more milk to thin out, if necessary. Add more dates for a sweeter smoothie.
- Serve immediately and garnish with chopped apple, vegan whipped cream, and vegan granola.