In partnership with Ruda Khan (@mygourmetstory).
Turning apples into something savory is a bit of a task, right? Well, just try these delicious Apple Potato Fritters and you can now enjoy your apples with a savory twist!
- 2 medium apples, peeled and shredded (we like Fuji, Honeycrisp, or SweeTango®)
- 1 large potato, peeled and shredded
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Sour cream
- Put shredded apples and potatoes on a paper towel and gently squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Mix shredded apples and potatoes, eggs, flour, corn flour, salt, and chili flakes until well incorporated.
- Heat oil with a high smoke point over medium-high in a skillet. Once oil is hot, drop in spoonfuls of the mixture. Press lightly to flatten.
- In a skillet, heat oil over a medium-high flame. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the heated oil and flatten as they drop.
- Fry until golden and serve with sour cream.