Apple Pumpkin Streusel Pie
In partnership with Michelle Barrera (@michellesipsandsavors).
Who says you can't have both fall favorites in one pie?!
Best For: Dessert
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Yields: 6-8 slices
- Store-bought pie crust (or use your favorite recipe)
- 3 medium baking apples (like Cortland or Empire), peeled, cored, and sliced
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups canned pumpkin purée
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Prepare pie crust in an 9 in. pie plate. Make air holes by poking a fork evenly all over the crust.
- Pre-bake for 10 minutes and then remove from the oven.
- Combine apples, sugar, flour, lemon juice, and cinnamon in medium bowl. Mix so apples are evenly coated.
- Fill bottom of the pie crust with an even layer of apples.
- Whisk together pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, melted butter, salt, and pumpkin pie spice in a medium bowl.
- Carefully pour over apple mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While pie is in the oven, combine streusel ingredients in a medium bowl. Using a fork, mash and combine until mixture is a course texture.
- After the 30 minutes of initial baking is complete, Remove pie from the oven. Carefully spoon the streusel evenly on the top of the pie.
- Return to oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. If the top is browning too quickly, cover with foil so it does not burn.
- Remove and set on a wire rack to cool completely.