- 3 SweeTango® apples, peeled (save the skins to make Apple Scrap Cider Vinegar!)
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh sage (substitute 1 tsp dried sage)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Sea salt to taste
- Olive oil for frying
- Optional: warm honey, whipped mascarpone for topping
- Grate apples and potatoes using the large side of a box grater.
- Use a cheesecloth (or layered paper towels) to squeeze out excess liquid from your apples and potatoes. When most of the liquid is removed, transfer apples and potatoes to a large mixing bowl.
- Add egg, flour, sage, and cinnamon. Combine with clean hands.
- In a large frying pan or cast iron skillet, heat about 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium for about 5 minutes. You’ll know the oil is hot if you drop a tiny bit of the mixture in and bubbles form immediately.
- Use your hands to form a patty from the apple and potato mixture. Try to divide the mixture into 6 to 8 even-sized patties.
- Fry patties in a single layer until golden brown on the first side, about 5 minutes. Flip over and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Transfer potato pancakes onto a paper towel to absorb excess oil. Salt to taste while still hot.
- Repeat steps 6 & 7, adding oil as needed.
- Top with warm honey and mascarpone cheese, or serve as-is!