In partnership with Marley Goldin (@marleysmenu).
Apples in a quiche? Groundbreaking!
Best For: Breakfast, Lunch
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: ~1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- ¼ cup ice water
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 8 oz. white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, stemmed and minced
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 SnapDragon® apples, sliced
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Add flour, brown sugar, salt, and butter to a blender or food processor. Slowly add ice water and pulse until a rough dough forms.
- Using clean hands, press dough into a tart pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325º F.
- Whisk eggs, milk, cheese, onion, rosemary, and nutmeg in a separate bowl. Pour over pre-baked crust.
- In a small bowl, whisk sugar and cinnamon with melted butter.
- Arrange apple slices on top and brush with melted butter mixture. Bake for 55-65 minutes, until eggs are set and top is browned.