Baked Tortilla Apple Pies
In partnership with Gal Shua-Haim (@somethingnutritious).
This simple and delicious dessert is made with SnapDragon® apples, which are perfectly juicy with a hint of spice!
Best For: Breakfast, Dessert, Snacking
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 10 minutes
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter (substitute vegan butter or coconut oil to make vegan and dairy-free)
- 1 SnapDragon® apple, chopped
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp water + 1 tsp tapioca flour, whisked together (substitute 1 tsp cornstarch or 1 tsp flour if needed)
- 4 small tortillas
- Optional: powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add apples and toss with sugar and cinnamon. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apples are softened.
- Pour water mixture over apples and cook for an additional 2 minutes to thicken.
- Spoon even amounts of the apple mixture into each tortilla, then fold in sides and roll.
- Transfer tortilla pies to a baking sheet and brush with oil.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until tortillas are browned. Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!