In partnership with Yes! Apples Ambassador, Brittany Arnett (@toastedtable).
This brûléed toast is an elegant-yet-easy lunch or snack time treat and is the perfect pairing of sweet and salty flavors.
Best For: Breakfast, Lunch, Snacking
Prep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 5 minutesServes: 1
- 2 slices grainy bread
- 4 slices brie cheese, rind on
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 3-4 Joolies dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 snacking apple, like EverCrisp® or Rave®
- Pinch of flaky sea salt
Joolies date syrup, to taste
- Lightly toast slices of bread
- Top bread with sliced brie, then sugar. Add chopped dates before transferring to a baking sheet.
- Broil on high for 3-5 minutes, or until brie is bubbly and caramelized and dates are crispy. Be careful not to burn!
- Top with sliced apples, flaky sea salt, and a drizzle of date syrup.