Best For: Dessert
Total Time: 15 minutes + 3-4 hours chill time (1 hour for batter, 2-3 hours for completed cake)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups milk, room temperature
- 4 Tbsp water
- 6 Tbsp melted butter, cooled
Caramelized Apple Filling
- 2 SnapDragon® apples, chopped
- 3 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2-3 Tbsp water
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 14 oz. full-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup + 1 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup caramel sauce, plus more for drizzling
- Add crepe ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer batter to a large container and refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour.
- Heat a 10-inch skillet over medium and grease lightly with butter. Pour ¼ cup of chilled batter into the center of the pan and slowly rotate to evenly coat the pan. Cook until edges start to brown, about 2 minutes. Flip with a spatula and cook for another minute. Transfer to a large plate and repeat process until you have 15 crepes.
- Set crepes aside and heat 3 Tbsp butter in the skillet over medium heat. Add apples and cook until they start to break down, about 5 minutes. Add brown sugar and water, then toss until evenly distributed. Continue cooking until apples are fork tender. Remove from heat and cool for 10-15 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and caramel sauce. In a separate bowl, whisk heavy cream into soft peaks. Add the cream cheese mixture and continue whisking until stiff peaks form. (This may be done by hand or using an electric mixer.)
- To assemble the cake, layer the first crepe on a large plate or cake stand. Spread ⅓ cup of cream cheese frosting on top. Repeat this same process 3 more times. On the 5th crepe layer, spoon on one-third of the apple filling.
- Continue alternating 4 layers of cream cheese frosting + 1 layer of apple filling until you reach the last apple filling layer. Top this crepe first with the cream cheese frosting, then apple filling. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until set.
- Before serving drizzle extra caramel over top.