This fall kale salad embodies the season in one delicious bowl! It’s filled with roasted butternut squash, Brussels sprouts, and apples, and is perfect for lunch or a light dinner.
Best For: Lunch, Dinner, Sides
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1 in. cubes
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 SweeTango® apple, diced
- 8 cups curly kale, de-stemmed and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- ⅓ cup pepitas
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup olive oil
- 6 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1½ Tbsp honey mustard (sub Dijon mustard and a drizzle of honey)
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 415º F. Line two baking sheets with parchment or foil.
- Toss butternut squash in 1 Tbsp olive oil, ground cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Spread out on one baking sheet.
- Toss Brussels sprouts with remaining olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread out on the other baking sheet.
- Roast vegetables for 20-25 minutes, until fork tender and lightly browned.
- Toast the pepitas in a small skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Add dressing ingredients to a mason jar. Close tightly and shake to combine.
- Add salad ingredients, roasted vegetables, and toasted pepitas to a large mixing bowl. Cover with dressing and toss. Enjoy for up to 3 days when refrigerated.