Best For: Dinner
Prep Time: 15 minutes + 30 minutes to marinate
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- 2-3 medium Honeycrisp apples, cut into 1½ in. cubes
- 2 lbs. pork tenderloin, silverskin removed and cut into 1½ in. cubes
- 1 medium red onion or 2 small shallots, cut into 1 in. chunks
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice (about 2 oranges)
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 cloves finely minced garlic (sub 1 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 Tbsp coarse Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 6 metal skewers (or 6 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30+ minutes)
- Optional: fresh parsley to garnish
- In a non-reactive bowl (ceramic or glass), whisk together ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, orange juice, orange zest, minced garlic, Dijon mustard, chili powder, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and onion powder. Set aside and refrigerate ¼ of mixture to brush onto skewers while grilling.
- Marinate cubes of pork, apple, and onion in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium heat and brush 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil on the grates to prevent sticking.
- Stack alternating cubes of marinated pork, apple, and onion on skewers.
- Grill, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes on each side, rotating throughout the cooking process. Baste skewers with reserved marinade and continue grilling/turning until apples are tender and pork internal temperature reads 145º F.
- Garnish with parsley and serve warm.