Starting with a simple flavor combination of cinnamon and herbs, this recipe for pork chops with apples is a one-pan, 30-minute meal that is completely irresistible. Just wait until you smell it cooking!
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 boneless pork chops
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ small white onion, thinly sliced
- 3 SnapDragon® apples, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp heavy cream
- Heat a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add about 1 Tbsp of olive oil to the pan as it is heating.
- Meanwhile, season the pork chops on both sides with ½ tsp ground cinnamon and salt and pepper to taste. Add the pork chops to the hot skillet and sear for 3-4 minutes until browned. Then, flip the pork chops and sear the other side for 3-4 minutes until browned. Remove from the skillet and place onto a plate. Set aside.
- Add butter, apples, onions, garlic, sage, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir and sauté for 5-7 minutes until the apples are fork tender.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Add in the chicken stock and heavy cream. Give it a stir and let the sauce simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add pork chops back into the skillet, nestling them in between the apples. Continue simmering until pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145º F.
- Spoon sauce over the pork chops and serve warm with fresh herbs.