These roasted Brussels sprouts are the perfect Thanksgiving side dish!
Best For: Dinner, Sides
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30-45 minutes
- 4 slices of thick-cut bacon
- 2 Fuji apples, sliced
- 1½ lb. Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Arrange bacon slices on a metal rack over a baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the bacon is cooked through, but not crispy. Remove sheet pan from oven and set aside bacon and metal rack. Leave bacon drippings on the sheet tray.
- Add apples and Brussels sprouts to the baking sheet and carefully toss in the bacon grease. Add a drizzle of olive oil if necessary to coat apples and Brussels sprouts completely.
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
In the meantime, chop cooled bacon into small pieces.
- Add bacon to apples and Brussels sprouts. Bake for an additional 5 minutes to crisp the bacon bits.
- Transfer to a dish and serve warm.