In partnership with Alex Aldeborgh (@daisybeet).
Say hello to your new favorite salad! This shredded Brussels sprouts salad is crunchy, lemony, cheesy, and a little bit sweet. It’s perfect for meal prep!
Best For: Lunch, Dinner, Sides
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 2 SnapDragon® apples, julienned or cut into matchsticks
- 16 oz. Brussels sprouts (about 4 cups of whole sprouts; you can also buy pre-shredded to save time)
- 16 oz. kale
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Zest of 1 lemon (about 1 Tbsp)
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Toast almonds on an unlined baking sheet for 5-8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Wash and slice ends off the Brussels sprouts.
- Shred Brussels sprouts and kale using either a food processor and slicing blade attachment or a knife.
- Transfer Brussels sprouts and kale to a large bowl and top with SnapDragon® apples, Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, and toasted almonds.
- To make the dressing: in a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, dijon, maple syrup, salt, and pepper. Slowly drizzle in EVOO while whisking to emulsify. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
- Toss salad with dressing until evenly coated.