In partnership with Lidey Heuck (@lideylikes).
This Sparkling Cider and Bourbon Punch is my go-to batch cocktail for holiday parties, and this year I’m taking things up a notch with crisp and juicy EverCrisp® apples as a delicious garnish!
- ¾ cup bourbon
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 dried star anise pods
- 750 mL bottle of sparkling apple cider, like Martinelli’s
- 1 EverCrisp® apple (we also like Honeycrisp, Rave®, and SnapDragon® in this recipe)
- 1 Navel orange
- Ice, for serving
- First, make the spice-infused bourbon: pour the bourbon into a jar or half pint container. Add the cinnamon sticks and star anise pods and cover. Set aside at room temperature for at least 8 and up to 24 hours before serving. (The longer the bourbon sits, the more pronounced the spices will be.)
- Just before serving, pour the bourbon, along with the cinnamon sticks and star anise, into a large glass pitcher. Add the sparkling apple cider and stir to combine.
- Thinly slice the apple and cut the orange crosswise into thin half-moon slices. Add a few slices of each to the pitcher, setting aside the rest for garnish.
Serve the punch over ice in glass tumblers, garnished with an apple and orange slice.