This combination of fresh, crisp lettuce and warm apples is an unexpected combination that will complement any meal (and stands out on its own, too!).
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, quartered
- ½ cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp minced shallot
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp chipotle powder
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar or champagne vinegar
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 EverCrisp® or SnapDragon® apple, diced
- Heat a skillet over medium and add oil, then shallots. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add chipotle powder, cinnamon, maple syrup, vinegar, and salt, Mix and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Add apples to dressing and toss.
- Serve dressing warm over iceberg wedges. Top with chopped nuts and fresh thyme.