Apple & Cabbage Slaw with Miso Dressing
by Caroline Fey, chef, culinary consultant, and cooking school instructor. Learn more at carolinefey.com and @carolinefey.
Best For: Sides
Total Time: 5-10 minutes
Yield: 1 qt. of slaw
- ¼ cup white miso paste
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp grated garlic
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tangerine or small orange, zested and juiced (about 3 tsp juice)
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 2 cups finely shredded purple cabbage
- ¾ cup shredded carrots
- 2 Honeycrisp apples, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- Optional: ½ cup salted peanuts, roughly chopped, and a handful fresh cilantro
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, or add to a jar, then cover and shake vigorously.
- Combine cabbage, carrots, apples, and scallions in a mixing bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Top with peanuts and cilantro, if using.