In partnership with Yes! Apples ambassador, Brittany Arnett (@toastedtable).
Best For: Sides, Snacking
Prep Time: 10 minutes + resting overnight + 2 hour rise
Bake Time: 25-30 minutes
- 1 ½ Tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ cup olive oil + extra for drizzling
- 1 SnapDragon® apple, thinly sliced
- Garnish: fresh rosemary and flaky sea salt
- In a large bowl, add yeast, sugar, and 2 ½ cups warm water (about 110º F). Stir and let sit for 5-10 minutes, until frothy.
- Add flour, salt, and rosemary to the yeast mixture. Combine with a spatula until a shaggy dough forms. Shape into a rough ball.
- Pour ¼ cup olive oil in an extra large bowl. Add dough to the oiled bowl and coat evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours (we leave it overnight).
- The next day, remove dough from the fridge and fold sides into the center to deflate and re-form a ball.
- Use ¼ cup olive oil to grease an 8 in. x 13 in. baking dish. Place dough in the dish and gently stretch to reach the edges. Cover and let rest for 1-2 hours, until you can press your finger in the dough and it leaves an impression.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 425º F.
- Stretch dough once more to edges of the baking dish. Dimple the dough with your fingertips. Press sliced apples and fresh rosemary into the dough and drizzle olive oil over top. Sprinkle flaky sea salt on before baking.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top of the focaccia is crispy and golden brown. Tip: if you use a glass baking dish, you can check the bottom of the focaccia to gauge whether it is browned enough.