Best For: Dessert
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 1 hour
- 4 Yes! Apples (we recommend Gala, Honeycrisp, or RubyFrost®)
- 4 Tbsp butter, room temperature (sub coconut oil to make dairy-free)
- ½ cup sugar (refined, brown, raw, and coconut sugar are all great choices!)
- ⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground clove
- Optional: vanilla ice cream, granola, maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Wash and core apples, but do not core all the way through. Be sure to leave a base to hold the filling.
- Combine butter, sugar, and spices in a bowl. Roll mixture into small logs, about the size of the core. Press into each apple.
- Fill a 2 quart baking dish with ¾ cup water.
- Sit apples upright in baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour, until apples are soft on the outside and filling has browned at the top.
- Garnish with toppings of choice and enjoy!