Best For: Dessert
Total Time: 15-20 minutes
Yield: (6) candied apples
- 6 apples (we like EverCrisp®, Honeycrisp, SnapDragon®, and SweeTango®)
- 12 oz. package of white chocolate chips or melting wafers
- Dark chocolate or black melting wafers for decorating)
- Cake pop sticks, wooden sticks, or sturdy paper straws
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Prepare Apples: Wash and fully dry apples. Remove stems and puncture with stick or straw, ensuring that the stick is securely in the apple without poking through the bottom.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt 12 oz. of white chocolate or white melting wafers. Microwave in small increments and stir frequently to prevent burning. Repeat in a separate, smaller bowl with dark chocolate/black melting wafers.
- Dip each apple into white chocolate and rotate to cover evenly, allowing excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place each apple on wax paper-lined baking sheet and allow to cool before decorating.
- Using dark chocolate, draw faces on each ghost. We used a toothpick to ensure clean lines.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes so that chocolate fully hardens.