Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 25-30 minutes
Yield: 8 turnovers
- 2 apples, peeled and diced (we like Ambrosia, EverCrisp®, Honeycrisp, or SnapDragon®)
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 8 Cocomels Original Coconut Milk Caramels
- 2 sheets (1 package) frozen puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
- 1 large egg, lightly whisked
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- In a saucepan, combine apples, cornstarch, vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar. Stir until apples soften and a sauce forms, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool fully.
- Unroll puff pastry and gently roll out into a large square. Slice into 4 smaller, equal-sized squares.
- Place 1-2 Tbsp of the apple filling in the center of each square, then top with a Cocomels Caramel.
- Fold the pastry on a diagonal forming a triangular turnover. Seal edges with a fork.
- Place turnovers on a large baking sheet, leaving at least 1 in. between each pastry as they will puff up in the oven.
- Lightly brush the top of each pastry with egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes, rotating halfway through for even browning. Melt extra Cocomels Caramels and drizzle over top if desired. Serve warm and enjoy!