Best For: Desserts
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes
- 4 large apples (we recommend EverCrisp®, Honeycrisp, Pink Lady, or SweeTango®)
- 4 Tbsp (½ stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 soft caramel squares
- Optional: powdered sugar, vanilla ice cream, and caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Lightly grease a square baking dish with baking spray or butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and cinnamon.
- Cut out the core of each apple while keeping base intact. Make 2 circular cuts inside the apple and then make 8 vertical cuts down the sides to create small sections of apple (be sure not to cut all the way through, or the apple will fall apart).
- Place apples in a baking dish and fill each with two caramel squares. Brush butter mixture over apples, making sure to get in the nooks and crannies!
- Bake for 30 minutes or until apples are tender and slightly golden.
- Top with powdered sugar or ice cream and a drizzle of caramel. Enjoy!