In partnership with Eric Stuart (@beardedbeastbbq).
Sit back and watch your grill do all the work in creating this sweet take on the fan-favorite bloomin’ onion!
Best For: Dessert
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 1 hour
- 2 SnapDragon® apples
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 soft caramel candies
- Optional: vanilla ice cream
- Preheat grill to 350º F.
- Cut out the core of each apple while keeping the base intact.
- Make two circular cuts inside the apple and then make 8 vertical cuts down the sides to create small sections of apple (be sure not to cut all the way through, or the apple will fall apart on the grill).
- Mix melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon together and brush generously over the apples. Place a caramel candy in the hollowed-out center of the apple.
- Grill for 1 hour. Top with vanilla ice cream and serve hot.