Whole Wheat Morning Glory Muffins
In partnership with Alex Aldeborgh (@daisybeet).
These healthy muffins are such a treat to wake up to! They’re filled with good-for-you ingredients like shredded apples, carrots, and raisins.
Best For: Breakfast
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 15 muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp cardamom
- 2 Tbsp flax meal
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup almond milk
- ⅔ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Fuji apple, grated
- 2 cups grated carrots
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, cardamom, flax meal, and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together almond milk, applesauce, eggs, and maple syrup.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir to combine.
- Stir in apple, carrots, raisins, and walnuts.
- Scoop batter into muffin liners, filling about ¾ full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool before serving.